9.23.2008

random pet photos and ponderings

This photo was a happy accident. It was taken with my Dad's long-stolen Fuji digital camera and though I now have the more recent model...his took way better photos. The dog was moving and it was overcast and I think those two factors caused something lovely to happen.

Rhodesian Rhidgeback
This dog would happily carry the newspaper for his master, a silver-haired fellow in his seventies, and the dog would walk, sans leash, next to him to and from the estate they lived on in south London. The owner had the thickest of cockney accents and that was a thrill for me.

A few years after the photo was taken I saw the dog again but this time with a young woman and they were following the same routine. Gal would go into the store, dog would sit outside, newspaper would be given to the dog, and then both would head home. I was too shy to go up to them and take another photo. I should've because then I could've offered to send them copies. Or maybe that would've been strange? Maybe next year when I visit...

Gizmo early in the morning
This is my Gizmo...Giz, Gizster, Mr. Minty, SeƱor Pooglins, Dorkus, Pumpkin, etc etc. Again, a happy accident with the light. Him and a glove that he and the other cat had played with earlier that week and I was too lazy to pick up. If I had been more photographerly...the shadows would be very, very dark and you wouldn't see hints of things in the background. Still...it's total Giz. That oddly displeased look on his face. The one paw held out. The long hairs on his posterior...his speed stripes. All Giz.

DSCF1772
Pips stretching at the old apartment.

DSCF0071
Pips enjoying sunshine on an empty Corona box.

DSCF0047
And...Pips intent on a fly ensnared by the beauty of the almost translucent lampshade.

Lastly...attack of the killer bra!
DSCF0169
Poor Giz...he didn't stand a chance.

No comments: