9.14.2008

I'm not a good photographer...yet. Right now the two cameras that are working are a wee digital one and a Diana+ that takes medium (larger and square) format photos. Despite a lack of knowledge (and a horrible grade in one photography class) it's still fun to take photos. It's going to be a while before I learn how to achieve contrast and the intricacies of speed. Meanwhile...

...I carry at least one camera with me at all times.

The Y on a rainy day.

It's been raining for quite a while here in Chicago and on the way to the L last week the Y building and its neon letters stood out strikingly. With umbrella held precariously in place between arm and armpit and rain threatening to cover the lens I was able to take about 6 photos. This one turned out okay...except for how flat it is and how those trees in the bottom right corner kinda mess things up. What I do like is that you can see the forced atmospheric perspective created by the foggy skies behind the Y building.

No comments: