10.01.2008

surrealism, ask me how

Take a plastic camera, a fisheye lens, one exposure of a river, another of a tree and its multitude of hanging berries, a gal who doesn't really know what she's doing, a strange leak of light onto the film, a flash with a yellow filter, and what do you get?
testing testing 1 2 3
I'm not really sure...but, hey, it sure is strange looking! I will proceed to pretend that I knew exactly what I was doing.

First attempt at scanning negatives was rocky at first. Do you know how scary it is to cut film into 3-image portions? It feels wrong! It's scary. What if I cut at the wrong place? Is that really the edge of the image or a trick of the light? It's...like I was asleep and woke up in scrubs, a nurse handing me a scalpel, and there's this guy on an operating table looking peeved at me, "C'mon doc, it's just an appendectomy!"

Snip.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAh! That was my pinky toe!"

It went okay. No image was harmed. Best of all? Only ordering negatives instead of printed photos or contact sheets is blessedly cheap! No need to spend so much while *learning* how to photograph with the Diana camera. Huzzah!

So far...having nabbed the Canon CanoScan 8800f for almost a hundred less than list price was...fabulous! Last week it was $101 on amazon. This week it's back up to near its list price of $199. I never score like this! Well, except for the once expensive Pebl phone that I only paid about $20 for...but that was the whole, "Switch to our cellphone service and get this nifty phone for practically free...and we'll overcharge you for the rest of your contract. Nice, eh?" Yeah, in the long run not so "Score!"

Anyway, nifty new scanner that can do 35mm film and slides and 120 film...all while saving on photo printing.

No comments: